As a Blogurp VIP Member, enjoy access to a wide variety of premium plugins and themes, on top of our already amazing 75+ free features and 500+ free themes, all for the low price of $1.99/mo. Standard Unlimited Blog Membership is always free! Premium plugins include step-by-step instructions that will easily guide you each step of the way.
Comments Plus allows readers to comment using either their Facebook, Twitter, Google or WordPress IDs.
Here’s how it works:
- Activate the plugin
- Setup your Facebook & Twitter Apps (it’s easy
- Your readers can now use their ID from either service to comment
- This plugin effectively allows you to combine comments from all these different services, rather than picking just one
- If users choose Facebook or Twitter, comments are by default posted to their own accounts, extra exposure for you!
- Fully integrated with subscribe by email with Facebook and Google
- Works beautifully with any theme.
Visit the Plugin configuration page at Settings > Comment Plus to set up.
Facebook App Info
The Facebook app is required so commenters can grant permission for your website to authenticate against their Facebook login.
Creating a Facebook app is really easy!
Here’s how you do it:
1. Go to the Facebook developers app page (you’ll need to log in using your Facebook account).
2. Once logged in clicked on Go To App and then Create New App.
3. Give your app name and click Continue.
- TIP – Best to use a name people who comment on your site can identify with as this is what they’ll see when they click to login with Facebook.
4. Enter the security check and click Submit (if your Facebook account has not been verified you will need to verify it by adding a mobile phone number or credit card).
5. Add your App domain.
6. Click on Website, add your Site URL and click Save Changes
- Tip: Click on Edit Icon if you want to upload your own icon.
7. Now go to Settings > Comment Plus, add your App ID and App Secret under Facebook App info and click Save Changes.
Twitter App Info
The Twitter app is required so commenters can grant permission for your website to authenticate against their Twitter login.
Creating a Twitter app is really easy!
Here’s how you do it:
1. Go to the Twitter developers app page (you’ll need to log in using your Twitter account).
2. Add a Name, a Description, webs site, callback URL and then click Create Your Twitter application.
- TIP – Best to use a name and description people who comment on your site can identify with as this is what they’ll see when they click to login with Twitter.
3. Now click on Create my access token.
4. Next click on Settings tab.
5. Select Read and Write and then click on Update this Twitter application’s settings.
6. Now go to Settings > Comment Plus, add your Consumer key and Consumer Secret under Twitter App info and click Save Changes.
WordPress branding and options allows you to change the default WordPress logo to your network logo.
‘Do not show Comments With…’ lets you control which comment login options are included.
Comment Plus add-ons
All Comments Plus Add Ons are activated via Settings > Comments Plus in the site admin dashboard. You’ll only see these add ons options here; they aren’t displayed on the settings page.
Here’s a quick overview of the add-ons:
- Custom Comments Template – use if comment plus isn’t working with your theme. This add-on will attempt to use a known working comments template instead of your theme’s default one.
- Facebook featured post image – used to force featured images to always show next to posts on Facebook
- Social Discussion – Synchronizes the relevant discussion from social networks in a separate tab on your page.
- Fake Twitter email – use if you are having comment approval issues with WordPress due to Twitter not allowing access to users emails.
- Link to Twitter profile – forces the plugn to always use Twitter profile URLs as websites for your Twitter commenters, regardless of their Twitter profile settings.
- Mention me – Adds a preconfigured Twitter username to all messages posted to Twitter.